Do you or someone you know have a heart for ministry, but are not sure where to start? Or have you already committed to spending some time working in ministry and you are wondering if youth ministry might be the right fit for you?
Our 1 or 2 year internship programs with Youth For Christ Nanaimo provide an amazing opportunity for young adults to explore youth ministry in a pre staff role.
Acting in a role similar to an apprentice, interns work alongside staff members in developing their personal vision and mission statements and exploring/developing their spiritual gifts through learning to hear God’s direction for their lives. Daily personal devotions and firsthand experience of what God is doing at YFC Nanaimo provides an amazing opportunity to teach our interns how they can impact our community through an ever more challenging environment.
This program can include a customized school program in partnership with Capernwray Harbour Bible Centre on Thetis Island, BC in order to develop a deeper personal relationship with Jesus through understanding His Word.
If you are interested in learning more about our internship program you can read more below
or contact us at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Mission of Internship Program:
- To train and disciple young enthusiasts toward a successful vocation within youth ministry.
- To increase our influence into the community at large by providing a “gap year” or longer training program for youth seeking to impact their community for Christ.
- To help young people to determine their individual gifts and their potential proper fitment into future positions with YFC ministries.
- To provide an opportunity for ministry engagement after youth as a natural outflow of our youth discipleship programs.
- To identify the mission and calling of potential candidates for staff positions at Youth For Christ or other ministries that glorify Jesus.
Internship training includes but is not limited to the following:
- Biblical training in partnership with Capernwray Harbour Bible Centre, Thetis Island.
- Mentorship through the preparation of a weekly bible study for use at youth or among leadership/interns, game leading, youth group planning, etc…
- Participation in breakfast clubs, games/sports, youth groups, and street evangelism.
- Different opportunities to gain competence in personal areas such as initiative, leadership, evangelism, etc.
- Candidates will develop a partner list and engage in necessary relationships to raise funding, seek wisdom, minister and communicate ministry needs to.
- Candidates will be placed in a church that is not their normal denomination in order to develop a sensitivity and respect to other theologies and
practices of the Christian Church. This will be done alongside a mentor/volunteer who is willing to help candidates understand alternate Christian thought.
- As well as the spiritual component of training, possible opportunities for informal skilled trades training from an experienced mentor.
- And more – email us for complete details today to see if you might be a good fit!